To prepare for the JEE Advanced and JEE Main exams, it is essential to know the syllabus. It contains important details like chapters/topics, weightage, marks, references, and many other crucial details.
The complete syllabus for both exams will help candidates study effectively and make it easier to compete in the exam. Both the JEE Main syllabus and JEE Advanced have many topics in common. Some topics are exclusive to the JEE Main 2021 syllabus, while others are only available in the JEE Advanced 2021 curriculum.
Candidates should be familiar with the main differences between JEE Main 2021 and JEE Advanced 2021 syllabi and prioritize their learning accordingly. Click on the links to access the JEE Primary syllabus or JEE Advanced Syllabus.
While the exam syllabus will remain the same, the JEE main 2021 exam pattern has undergone significant changes. The new exam pattern will have a total of 90 questions (one each in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) in the JEE Main question paper. Students will be able to answer 75 questions (25 each in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
What is the difference between JEE Main and JEE Advanced Syllabus?
The topics in the JEE Advanced Syllabus that are not covered in the JEE Main Syllabus are listed below:
- Kirchoff’s Laws
- Newton’s Laws of Cooling
- Black-Body Radiation
- Absorptive & Emissive Power
- Stefan’s Law
- Wein’s Displacement Law
- Radioactivity and Carbon Dating
- Kinetics of Radioactive Decay
- Properties of alpha, beta, & gamma rays
- Fission & Fusion Reactions
- Proton to Neutron Ratio & Stability of Nuclei
The topics in the JEE Main Syllabus that are not covered in the JEE Advance Syllabus are listed below:
- Semiconductors & Semiconductor Diodes
- Forward & Reverse Bias
- I-V Characteristics of Photo-Diode
- Solar Cells
- Zener Diode as a Voltage Regulator
- Junction Transistors & their Characteristics
- Transistor Action
- Transistors as Amplifiers (Common Emitter Configuration)
- Transistors as Switches
- Definition & Characteristics of Electronic Waves
- Transverse Nature of Electronic Waves
- Applications of EM Waves
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Propagation of EM Waves
- Amplitude Modulation & Frequency Modulation
- Signal Bandwidth & Transmission Medium
- Basic Elements of Communication Systems (Block Diagrams)
- Definition & Classification of Biomolecules
- Functions of Biomolecules
- Nucleic Acids & Their Chemical Composition
- Functions of DNA & RNA
Chemistry in Everyday Life:
- Cleansing Action of Soaps & Detergents
- Chemicals in Food (Artificial Sweeteners & Preservatives)
- Analgesics, Tranquillizers, Antibiotics, Antiseptics, Antihistamines, Antifertility Drugs, Antimicrobials, & Disinfectants
Sets, Relations, & Functions:
- Representation of Sets
- Unions, Intersections, & Compliments
- Types of Relations & Equivalent Relations
- Power Sets
- Algebraic Properties of Sets
Statistics & Probability:
- Calculating Mean & Median
- Measures of Dispersion
- Calculating Mode of Grouped/Ungrouped Data
- Calculating Variance, Mean, & Standard Deviation of Grouped/Ungrouped Data
- Statements & Logical Operations
Important Common Topics in JEE Main and JEE Advanced Syllabus: There are some topics that are common to both exams, in addition to the specific topics.
- Laws of motion
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Surface Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical bonding
- Chemical Kinetics
- States of Matter
- Quadratic Equations
- Binomial Theorem
- Differential Calculus
- Integral calculus
- Complex Numbers
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Trigonometric and Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Differential Equations
The significance of the JEE Main and Advanced Syllabus
The entire syllabus must be read by candidates for both exams. Candidates will be able to do well on the examination if they are familiar with the topic areas. The following are some key benefits of the syllabus:
- Candidates will be able to create a well-constructed study plan if they have a solid understanding of the syllabus. Candidates can use the syllabus as a guide to help them move in the right direction.
- The syllabus of IIT JEE gives an in-depth understanding of key concepts and the marking scheme for chapters, enabling students to concentrate more on the pertinent topics.
- Candidates can choose to study according to the IIT JEE syllabus. Referencing well can improve candidates' learning.
Students can gain valuable insights about the important topics, exam patterns, weightage, and other details by going through the syllabus. Students can also use the syllabus to help them prepare for the exam.
Rabbit is a IITJEE preparation websites. Students can take JEE advanced mock test online free. Preparation of IIT is now simplified by just subscribing to our site and avail all types of IIT mock test for free